Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    evolution
    Participant

I heard Arnel say that is Steve wanted com back to Journey he would step down. How many of you think this would happen? I don’t think so and I will tell you why. As you get older your range changes. Steve has lost his high notes and the reason for that is not all from age but from the fact that Journey just toured like there was no tomorrow and the voice is not like other instruments. It does need a break but sadly it took it’s toll on his voice even with his prevented medicine of warming up and not over doing it on stage and what other herbal stuff. Some would argue and say well this person still hits the notes. Ok but did this person tour as much as Journey did in the past? I would say you are going say no. This is why most singers get their polyps scrapped. What are your thoughts?

Joann
    Participant

I honestly don’t think steve would go back to journey, if they ever make up I think he may appear for a couple of numbers, I don’t think he would want to do all that touring. He is better on his own, I really hope he will bring out another album. So getting back to the point yes I do believe Arnel would step down,as I think Steve was his hero & he seems very humbled to have taken Steve ‘ s place with journey. He is a really good singer but he’s still not Steve, & he deserves his own identity.

Tony
    Keymaster

Did you read the article of Neal saying if Steve came back they would not be any more popular?

Tony - Webmaster

Tony
    Keymaster

test

Tony - Webmaster

AkeHdeNajin
    Participant

Arnel has a great voice and it’s a sign of his respect for Steve. Being N8v and my wife pinay, I have a lot of respect for him even suggesting it, but duplicating Steve voice does take a toll in one’s voice as I’m a vocalist and understand the difficulties of maintaining that falsetto.

Tony
    Keymaster

Arnel has a great voice and it’s a sign of his respect for Steve. Being N8v and my wife pinay, I have a lot of respect for him even suggesting it, but duplicating Steve voice does take a toll in one’s voice as I’m a vocalist and understand the difficulties of maintaining that falsetto.

I was impressed on how steve gave him props at the RHOF. Steve even said his voice is not what it used to be and you know he still has a voice just not the range he once had and that is why when he played with the Eels they drooped it down in key. Still he sounds good

Tony - Webmaster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.